UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: WHAT'S AVAILABLE: Trad Harnesses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Jun 2011
Arcteryx R320a, 10 kbA selection of the latest trad/all rounder harnesses for 2011. Top-of-the-range harness technology such as Arc'teryx's 'Warp Strength Technology' and Black Diamond's 'Kinetic Core Construction' are explained, and there's something for everyone in here to suit budgets from £120 to £50.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3746
 Ramon Marin 02 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Shame none (except for Petzl) allow for ice-screw racking, then you could have a 1 harness for all, trad, winter, sport...
 Sarah Stirling 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Ramon Marin: The DMM Renegade does: now added to the round up.

Cheers, Sarah
 Sarah Stirling 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Ramon Marin: And the Jasper CR3 has the ability to take the CAMP Gear Hub for racking ice screws...
 GarethSL 03 Jun 2011
In reply to Ramon Marin: x350 does too
 henwardian 03 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Stupid auto-undo buckles the lot of them. When I put my harness on I want to know it's going to stay exactly as I adjust it, that means doubling straps back. I'm heavily unimpressed by the direction of the industry.
 MRJ 03 Jun 2011
In reply to henwardian:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Stupid auto-undo buckles the lot of them. When I put my harness on I want to know it's going to stay exactly as I adjust it, that means doubling straps back. I'm heavily unimpressed by the direction of the industry.

Yes, of course. All those accidents reported that are due to a fast buckle coming undone. They are clearly SO much more dangerous and less fool-proof then harnesses you have to double back. You never hear about ANY accidents caused by people forgetting to double back!
 Timmd 03 Jun 2011
In reply to henwardian:

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/harnesses.html

You might like the Metolius Safe Tech harness range, the buckles are double back, but don't need to be to be safe, and you can adjust the rise on them, ie the gap between the waist and the leg loops.

With the adjustable rise feature on them, i'm surprised they weren't mentioned actually.

Cheers
Tim
 KeithAlexander 03 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

What's a "Non-structural haul loop" ? Is it better than a "structural haul loop" for some reason? Or worse? Is it strength rated?
In reply to Ramon Marin:

Ummmmm the DMM Renegade has 6 ice clipper slots........
In reply to henwardian:

They actually work exceptionally well. Do you really think they would be allowed to sell them if there was any chance of them undoing themselves??

I use a DMM Renegade and have one it on long multipitch routes without it needing adjustment.
 AlH 20 Jun 2011
In reply to henwardian: DMM do the Renegade with autolock buckles and also the Renegade Pro which has thread back buckles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...