UKC

La Sportiva Boulder X Approach shoe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 06 Jun 2011
hi has anyone got the La sportiva Boulder X. I was gonaa buy a pair online as noi one near me stocks them. I was just wondering are they a wide or slim fit and are they any good?
Thanks
Andy
 Tom Last 06 Jun 2011
In reply to andyd1970:

Hi Andy.

I've got a pair of these. I bought them as I had to buy from the local climbing wall and only really had a choice of two shoes.

That said, I liked the look of them (aesthetically) and was told they were pretty good for scrambling.

It was only after I bought them that I realised they were designed for a narrow foot. I was a bit worried as my first outing with them was the Skye Ridge and they were aching a bit around the toes on initial walks around town. Anyway, I took the inner sole out for the ridge and they performed on the harder (vdiff) sections really well and were really comfy throughout on the easier scrambling and walking. They seem to perform well on wet grass and rock too. They're not in any way waterproof, but then you wouldn't expect that.

One successful ridge traverse later and they've loosened up nicely and fit my (not particularly narrow) feet very comfortably to the point I rarely wear anything else.

Well recommended.

Hope that helps,
Tom
OP andyd1970 06 Jun 2011
In reply to Southern Man: Thanks tom I haven't got particulary wide feet but I didn't want a tight fir where they hurt like rock shoes. I did have the Scarpa mystics which I found too hot and hurt my feet so I sold em.
Thanks for the info it has really helped as they do look as thought they would give a bit and you have confirmed my suspissions
Andy
 Tom Last 06 Jun 2011
In reply to andyd1970:

No problem Andy.

I should also say, I can wear them with the inners in now too and that they lace all the way down to the toe, so they're pretty adjustable.

Cheers.
 jadias 06 Jun 2011
In reply to andyd1970:

I have quite wide feet with a high instep and I love mine. Wear them as everyday shoes as well as for approaches. Not waterproof but they dry out very quickly. Excellent grip. They've taken a beating and keep coming back for more.

My first pair had defective soles which separated at the toe but it hasn't recurred so I guess it was an isolated thing.
 davegs 06 Jun 2011
In reply to andyd1970:
I had similar experience to Southern Man and they felt they were a bit tight but they have loosed off a bit and fit really well now.

Dave
 jadias 06 Jun 2011
In reply to davegs:

They definitely stretch some once they're broken in. I bought mine quite tight so I could climb in them (albeit not uncomfortably so, just snug) and they're nowhere near as snug now. I have to really cinch the lacing down to get the same fit - but you can do this because they lace right to the toe, more or less.
OP andyd1970 06 Jun 2011
In reply to andyd1970: Thanks guys for giving me your time. I am about to purchase them online
Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...