UKC

One for the cyclists

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
What Goes Up 10 Jun 2011
Saw this video this morning and thought that some of the road cyclists and commuters on here might appreciate it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ&

In reply to What Goes Up: Absolutely ridiculous...the cop handing the ticket out didn't gave a clue what he was talking about either!

LaMentalist 10 Jun 2011
In reply to What Goes Up:

Great post What goes up . Hats off to that man , I hope he was not hurt too much during filming . A great way to make a point . Funny yet also sad state of affairs , personally I think its time the powers that be stopped screwing us for ever penny they can , its beyond a joke .
 bigbobbyking 10 Jun 2011

Cycling into that many things showed impressive guts. I don't think I could do that. At least cycling isn't that persecuted in the UK...
 LastBoyScout 10 Jun 2011
In reply to bigbobbyking:
> (In reply to What Goes Up)
>
> At least cycling isn't that persecuted in the UK...

Not by the police, anyway...!
 DaveHK 10 Jun 2011
In reply to What Goes Up

Brilliant.
 toad 10 Jun 2011
In reply to What Goes Up: saw it linked off the Guardian viral video chart this morning. No idea how the US fixed penalty system works, but I doubt he'll ever see his money again.
 timjones 10 Jun 2011
> Saw this video this morning and thought that some of the road cyclists and commuters on here might appreciate it.
>
> youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ&

I hope no-one with his level of intelligence ever gets a ticket for failing to wear a seatbelt ;(
 Frank4short 10 Jun 2011
In reply to What Goes Up: Facebook have banned this clip as offensive/inappropriate content. I'd suggest anyone with an interest in cycling that's a regular FB user attempt to put this on their wall & then protest it when FB won't allow you as it's an entirely unjust banning.
 Frank4short 10 Jun 2011
In reply to timjones:
> (In reply to What Goes Up)
> [...]
>
> I hope no-one with his level of intelligence ever gets a ticket for failing to wear a seatbelt ;(

Seriously? He's gone out of his way to potentially injure himself to show how unjust this particular law is & all you can say is that he's stupid.

stouffer 10 Jun 2011
In reply to What Goes Up: Brilliant.

He's taken the reflectors off his spokes too. Send him down for 100 years.
 Mike Highbury 10 Jun 2011
In reply to Frank4short:
> (In reply to timjones)
> [...]
>
> Seriously? He's gone out of his way to potentially injure himself to show how unjust this particular law is & all you can say is that he's stupid.

He's rather fun, isn't he? Not wanting to skin my knees like that made me feel a bit old.
 yorkshireman 10 Jun 2011
In reply to Frank4short:
> (In reply to What Goes Up) Facebook have banned this clip as offensive/inappropriate content. I'd suggest anyone with an interest in cycling that's a regular FB user attempt to put this on their wall & then protest it when FB won't allow you as it's an entirely unjust banning.

I posted this on my Facebook profile this morning and its not been banned yet - I'll keep an eye on it though as it seems a bit odd if that were really the case.

sutty 10 Jun 2011
In reply to yorkshireman:

It wouldn't let me post it either so I used make a shorter link to do it.

FB does not like you posting links to google either it seeems, they just disappear when I do it.
 timjones 10 Jun 2011
In reply to Frank4short:
> (In reply to timjones)
> [...]
>
> Seriously? He's gone out of his way to potentially injure himself to show how unjust this particular law is & all you can say is that he's stupid.

I'm saying that with an attitude like that he's likely to do himself a nasty if he gets nicked for certain other offences

Did he get booked for cycling round an obstruction?

I think we got the message the fist time he deliberately crashed he didn't need to milk it by crashing into more stuff that could easily be avoided without even leaving the cycle lane. It seems fairly obvious that he's not the sharpest tool in the drawer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...