UKC

Campingaz cylinders available in New Zealand??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gnomals 03 Aug 2011
Hi,

I'm off to New Zealand in a few weeks and I have a campingaz stove which uses the small CV270 canisters that the stove clips into (not the screw fitting).

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/campingaz-gaz-cv270-cartridge-style-camping-gas...

Does anyone know if you can purchase compatible gas canisters in New Zealand (Christchurch in particular) or do I need to get a new stove? I know campingaz is a french brand so not sure if they've stretched as far as NZ yet...

Thanks!
 Damo 03 Aug 2011
In reply to Gnomals:

Well, the main store in Chch does not seem to stock it:
http://www.bivouac.co.nz/gear/camping-and-tramping/camp-kitchen.html?limit=...
but you could email them and ask.

I'm not really familiar with that clip connection, so don't know if I may have seen it in one of the other stores.
OP Gnomals 03 Aug 2011
In reply to Damo:

Thanks Damo. Will give them an email and see what they say.
 Hibachi 04 Aug 2011
In reply to Gnomals: The other outdoor stores I know in Christchurch it may be worth checking are Rebel Sport and Kathmandu. Both chains so should be able to check on websites.
 Helen R 05 Aug 2011
In reply to Gnomals:

Hi
Be aware that a lot of the outdoor shops in Christchurch (e.g. Bivouac, which has most things usually found in a UK shop, at double the price) were on Colombo street, which was right in the middle of the worst city centre damage during the Febrary earthquake. They have another store open (www.bivouac.co.nz) but I'm not sure about the others.
If your final destination is not chch, queenstown has some well equipped outdoor shops, and most south island tourist towns have at least one camping/hunting/fishing shop (sometimes incorproating DIY and hardware).

The specifically outdoor chains you want to search are
Bivouac, Mountain Designs, R&R sports, Outside sports (in the south); Kathmandu are everywhere but usually only stock their own-make stuff. MacPac also have stores but they are mostly about their own products too. There's lots of independents.

From a quick nz based internet search, a thread on another NZ hunting forum suggests Kmart (a chain of discount, erm, "department" stores), Dwights outdoors and Rebel Sports (normal sports shop).

Hope this helps - looks like you can gt them, just have to hunt around a bit.
 ben b 05 Aug 2011
In reply to Gnomals: A quick check in Element (Queenstown) today shows the "standard bleuet" pop cylinders to be NZD7 and the bigger ones 15. So yes, available in NZ but can't say re Chch.
b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...