UKC

bmc secretary? is there one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Disco_climber 11 Aug 2011
I am trying to complete my SPA written paper and it's asking my who the secretary of the BMC is. I have trawled the internet and gone through the latest Summit but cannot find any mention that there even is a secretary. I can only find localised secretaries. Is this a trick question or am I being an idiot?
Chloe
 remus Global Crag Moderator 11 Aug 2011
In reply to Disco_climber: cant see anyone under the title of secretary here: http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Pages.aspx?page=31 so i think its fairly safe to assume there isnt one.
 Brass Nipples 11 Aug 2011
In reply to Disco_climber:

Think that's the old title of the CEO position but could be wrong
 Brass Nipples 11 Aug 2011
In reply to PaleMan:

Yep I'm right - check out the BMC 2011 AGM minutes and all will be revealed at top of first page.
 john arran 11 Aug 2011

The title of CEO (held by Dave Turnbull) used to be called 'General Secretary'. I presume that's what they were referring to at the time when they wrote the question.
Ah, I had looked through the AGM summary in summit but not the full minutes. Thank you so much. You're lifesavers. Paper done, time to focus on rigging and fun stuff!!!!
andyathome 11 Aug 2011
Tell the assessor that their Home Paper is ridiculously out of date; that there has been no 'General Secretary' of the BMC for over 10 years and that we have all moved on from the days of Dennis Gray.

Dare you!!!!
andyathome 11 Aug 2011
In reply to andyathome:
Although Dave Turnbull IS the Company Secretary as far as Companies House is concerned you'd probably be safe with that.....
haha, I know the assessor relatively well as he's the technical advisor at my centre and he has a marvellous sense of humour so I may just go for it and rant away....
OP Anonymous 11 Aug 2011
> I am trying to complete my SPA written paper and it's asking my who the secretary of the BMC is. I have trawled the internet and gone through the latest Summit but cannot find any mention that there even is a secretary. I can only find localised secretaries. Is this a trick question or am I being an idiot?
> Chloe

If you can't answer that question without consulting the internet you're clearly not fit to hold an SPA.
What happens when you're out in the hills, without internet access, and you're suddenly asked a question about the hierarchical structure of the BMC?

Offwidth 12 Aug 2011
In reply to Anonymous:

I was so frightened that I nearly soiled myself last time I was asked such a question whilst on a route.
In reply to Offwidth:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
>
> I was so frightened that I nearly soiled myself last time I was asked such a question whilst on a route.

it's a good way to throw you off guard! ask an unanswerable question and whilst he's thinking unscrew one of his krabs and see if he notices! I like it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...