UKC

Land's End parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Duncan Bourne 15 Aug 2011
Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't already know they are now charging climbers to park at Land's End (previously this was free on proof that you were a climber). It is however a bit erratic depending on who is on the gate, indicating that there is no fixed policy on this yet. We were charged £2.00 (normal fee for visitors to the Land's End "experience" is £5.00) others we spoke to had differing experiences ranging from full price to £4.00 to park and a "free voucher" for next time (not much use if you are only down for the day on holiday) and completely free. Don't know if any area reps can get a definitive answer off them?
 Tom Last 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

The place has changed hands apparently, so I guess the free concession has gone because of that. We got asked for a cursory fee of £1. Bit of a hassle to park anywhere else - quite a walk from Porthgwarra. Bet you didn't see anyone else there, get much good done?
OP Duncan Bourne 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Southern Man:
We had a semi-soggy jaunt up Land's End long climb before heading over to Sennen.
I don't mind paying something, let's face it free parking is a bit of a luxury these days, but a bit of consistency would be nice.
 Tom Last 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Duncan Bourne:
> (In reply to Southern Man)
but a bit of consistency would be nice.

True, unless it consistent at a fiver as opposed to the occasional £1!
OP Duncan Bourne 15 Aug 2011
In reply to Southern Man:
naturally
 mark20 15 Aug 2011
I think we were charged £4 in April, the bloke said that they didn't really do climbers discount but we asked nicely!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...