UKC

MSR Help...Urgent Please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've got an MSR XGK stove, and it's been great for ages, but now when I open the valve, it just releases the pressure out of the cylinder, but no fuel comes out.
I need it for this weekend, please help me fix it.

I've taken the stove and the pump apart and checked they're both clean, and all the o-rings seem to be in good condition.

help?
 marsbar 18 Aug 2011
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): mine is a different msr and old, so this might not help, but have you checked if the fuel line is clean, and if the jet is blocked? I think mine has a wire in the fuel line which can be pulled out to clean it? Like I said its not the same model, so I don't know if yours does? I seem to remember that shaking the jet and prodding it with the needle it came with cleared it if its the jet.

Jon Wickham 18 Aug 2011
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): Speak to these guys: http://www.firstascent.co.uk/contact_1.html . They are the UK importers of MSR and will know what you need to do.
 KiwiPrincess 18 Aug 2011
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC):
You can turn bottle upside down( flip over) to release pressure before unscrewing. Maybe you have it this way already?
 Dave 88 19 Aug 2011
In reply to marsbar:

Yeah you're right the xkg has a wire in the fuel line and a shaker jet. Try those op.
 Dave 88 19 Aug 2011
In reply to Dave 88:

*xgk
 L.A. 20 Aug 2011
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): Make sure that the plastic fuel intake tube on the pump has not been bent so that its pointing slightly upwards. Its important that its angled downwards so that it sits below the level of the fuel in the bottle otherwise no fuel can come through Thats the usual cause of this scenario.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...