UKC

BMC Peak Area Meeting - 14th Sept - Glossop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon 09 Sep 2011
The next Peak Area Meeting is on Wednesday, 14 September, starting at 19.30, at the Crown, Victoria Street, Glossop SK13 8JF. See the BMC Community site for more details.

There will be the usual mix of news, updates, access information and BMC news. After the meeting, fabulous food will be served and local climbing photographer Mike Hutton will present his "3 years in the life of a climbing photographer" show...eye catching stuff!

Issue 14 of the BMC Peak Area newsletter is now on line, keeping you informed about what's happening in the region.

This issue includes: a report on BMC input to the National Park authority’s asset review; directions to some quality bouldering ‘off the beaten track’; the latest access news from Henry Folkard; and a plug for Alpkit’s Big Shakeout adventure festival.

Download the September 2011 Peak Area newsletter

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Download.aspx?id=867

The Peak Area newsletter is written and produced by volunteers from the BMC Peak Area. Thanks to Martin Wass for compiling the newsletter.

If you’d like to contribute an article to a future newsletter, contact the editor

Please come along - the future of the Western Moorland Grit meeting relies on all the Peak devotees but especially you local lads & lasses!

Cheers

Simon
(Acting BMC Peak Area Secretary)
 winhill 09 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:
>
> Simon
> (Acting BMC Peak Area Secretary)

Ooo, get her!
 craig h 09 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:

Any chance of an agenda?

Ropeboy 10 Sep 2011
In reply to :

Bump.

Hi Simon,

Doubt I'll make it, by the time I've got the kids settled and driven over it'll be finished!

Have a good 'un.

J
OP Simon 12 Sep 2011
In reply to Ropeboy:

Bump!
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 12 Sep 2011
In reply to craig h:

It is on the Community site, Craig.

http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=642

Hope to see you there?

Neil
OP Simon 12 Sep 2011
In reply to Neil Foster:

Bump again...

Yep as Neil says Craig - Agenda on the BMC web community site - will you be representing the western contingent?!

http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=642

cheers

Si
 craig h 12 Sep 2011
Thanks Neil,

I did have look over the weekend. Will try to make it; but depends how work and the traffic on the way home is on the day!

OP Simon 13 Sep 2011
In reply to craig h:
> Thanks Neil,
>
> I did have look over the weekend. Will try to make it; but depends how work and the traffic on the way home is on the day!

no excuse Craig - we are over from the sheff via the snake!
 craig h 13 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:

Glossop is about equal distance from Sheffield and the Chew Valley My excuse would be the 6 hours driving and 8 hours working on site that I'd have done already, there's every chance I'll still be on the road at 19.30, hope it goes well anyway.
OP Simon 13 Sep 2011
In reply to craig h:

Cheers Craig, hope you can make it for the local interest...

The annual Glossop meeting will be gauged at the end of the meeting on the strength of feeling on how many locals will wish for it to be an annual venue depending on turn out.

Come along you wild western gritstoners!

cheers

si
 Dan Lane 14 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:

I've rounded up a few friends from Glossop, i hope you've ordered enough pies!
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 14 Sep 2011
In reply to Dan Lane:

40 Dan. It is incredibly difficult to guage these things in advance.

We'll send (you!) out for chips if need be...

Neil
 CarolineMc 14 Sep 2011
In reply to Neil Foster: Mmmmmm chips... the chippy is only next door!! C-:
OP Simon 14 Sep 2011
In reply to Dan Lane:

good man Dan.

See you all tonight & spread the word...

Cheers

Si

PS: Neil, I have the apologies list.
 UKB Shark 14 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:

Have space in car if anyone wants to car share - leaving Broomhill at 7pm

Simon 0777 3782763
OP Simon 15 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon:

Great meeting last night (we finished early - we must be getting it right!) and it was well attended with the food being rather tasty. Thanks all who attended and listened impecably as we rambled on.

Cheers

Si
OP Simon 17 Sep 2011
In reply to Dan Lane:
> (In reply to Simon)
>
> I've rounded up a few friends from Glossop, i hope you've ordered enough pies!

I got the last one!

That says something!

;0)
 CarolineMc 18 Sep 2011
In reply to Simon: And they were good pies!

With the good turnout, great grub and cheap beer, I propose that all the meetings are held in the crown, bar one near the roaches and one on the eastern side. Any problems with that?! Co:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...