UKC

winter sleeping mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ice.solo 10 Oct 2011
theres been a lot of talk hereabouts recently regarding mats.

just to add to the mix, today i came across the mammut(aglkegvhgjuk whatever the hell its called) light pump mat.

hailed as 4 season, 570gms for FULL LENGTH, thick as a neo air, NOT crunchy, cool little integrated pump, packs down to the size of a thermarest prolite.

impressive (as far as sleeping mats go)

the only thing not to like is the usual mammut tradition of competing with arcteryx for the highest price tag (nearly $200)

anyone got one they have a complaint about? do we have a winner?

PeterM 10 Oct 2011
In reply to ice.solo:

I've one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacific-Outdoor-Equipment-Ether-Carrot/dp/B000VUY2Y...

Used it earliery this yar up tin the Cairngorms. Very effective, light and warm and long and I managed to squeexe it into my thermarest prolite 3/4 'sac, so small too. Oh, yes, nearly forgot very cheap.
 JayPee630 10 Oct 2011
 Ben Briggs 10 Oct 2011
In reply to JayPee630: I will have to replace my neo air now i have seen that and i think you should pay for it as its your fault!
 RR 11 Oct 2011
In reply to ice.solo:
I use an exped down mat with integrated pump, which is great. No chamber collapse in cold weather due to lung moist. Had that twice that a Thermarest popped. Thermarest replaces your matt but it is not much of help on the mountain. Now for three years Exped = Heavy and it also rubs off the numbers of your Credit Card not noisy. So far ok.
 mrchewy 11 Oct 2011
In reply to ice.solo: It does seem to have a decent R rating and that is light for a full length mat...

Exped Downmat is worth every gram in winter IME tho. I have the old one that you blew up with a stuff sack, so it's a bit lighter than the new ones as I just dumped the stuff sack and blow it up by mouth. Just over 660g on my scales for a short 7.
 marsbar 11 Oct 2011
In reply to JayPee630: Good to see that they have made sure that the women's version has a pretty printed fabric design /end sarcasm
 Timmd 12 Oct 2011
In reply to marsbar:

http://www.rikulau.com/rikulau_english/products/Road_Reynolds853_Xochitl/zo...

This has flowers on and I like it. ()

I couldn't see mention of the swirly mat being for women though?

Perhaps I didn't look enough...

almost sane 13 Oct 2011
In reply to ice.solo:
For winter the Exped Down Mat is the daddy.

Very warm, dead comfy, not too heavy, and I have had no problems with over 60 nights use so far.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...