/ Partner needed for Aconcagua january 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ivan Braun DK - on 21 Oct 2011
Hi all

I just recently "lost" my partner for the planned trip to Acon in january 2012 - he just learned that he has heart issues and is grounded for 4-6 months

Plan
Start January 5 in Mendoza
18-20 days to/from Mendoza (plenty of times to sit out bad weather if needed)
I'll take a bus to Buenos Aires, have a few RR days (depending on time spent on Acon) and fly back to Europe from there

I'm fine in doing the normal route /False Polish Glacier, Aconcagua for me is High Altitude testing (planning to do Cho Oyu in august 2012), so a safe way up high is more important than doing the Glacier for instance

Budget
My current budget shows that its doeable at 1.100-1.400 USD per person (flights to/from mendoca excluded)

Me
Im 43, strong and fit, experineced from the Alps and just summited Mt kenya and Kilimanjaro last month in perfect style

You
I'm looking for a good, strong reliable and fun partner to acompany me.
- we could be more than 1 person (would reduce some of costs per person)

Interested in joining?
drop me an email at ivan@recoverit.dk describing you, your experiences and ideas.

Lets bag this mountain together!
Ivan Braun DK - on 26 Oct 2011
@bump
only got a one reply, but waiting on follow up
No one heading to Acon ?
Sean Flynn - on 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK: Hi Ivan you reckon it costs 1000 -1400 usd? Is that with a company or solo.?
Sean
John Roberts (JR) - on 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK:

Try Ackbar Syed. He did lots of the logistics for our trip to Broad Peak earlier in the year. He's going in Jan.

Speaks perfect English and a great guy...

http://aocncagua2012.blogspot.com
In reply to Ivan Braun DK:
> Hi all
>
> I just recently "lost" my partner for the planned trip to Acon in january 2012 - he just learned that he has heart issues and is grounded for 4-6 months
>
> Plan
> Start January 5 in Mendoza
> 18-20 days to/from Mendoza (plenty of times to sit out bad weather if needed)
> I'll take a bus to Buenos Aires, have a few RR days (depending on time spent on Acon) and fly back to Europe from there
>
> I'm fine in doing the normal route /False Polish Glacier, Aconcagua for me is High Altitude testing (planning to do Cho Oyu in august 2012), so a safe way up high is more important than doing the Glacier for instance
>
> Budget
> My current budget shows that its doeable at 1.100-1.400 USD per person (flights to/from mendoca excluded)
>
> Me
> Im 43, strong and fit, experineced from the Alps and just summited Mt kenya and Kilimanjaro last month in perfect style
>
> You
> I'm looking for a good, strong reliable and fun partner to acompany me.
> - we could be more than 1 person (would reduce some of costs per person)
>
> Interested in joining?
> drop me an email at ivan@recoverit.dk describing you, your experiences and ideas.
>
> Lets bag this mountain together!

Hi Ivan,
just to let you know that if you havent found a partner for the big A yet then you are more then welcome to join us on our expedition. The dates match fairly closly!
Best regards Rolfe
ads.ukclimbing.com
Irn Bruce - on 01 Dec 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK: Hi Ivan, I'm currently in Mendoza and have just been up Acon so just to let you know that the ascent permit for that time of year will be US$1000 alone. Hope that your budget can accommodate this. Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.