UKC

Jetboil Flash stove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 28 Oct 2011
How do these stoves rate???? Am thinking for wild camping in UK and also at some altitude in Alps???

Thanks,

AT
Robyn Vacher 28 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

Never used it at altitude but wouldn't be without it for camping. Fast, efficient and not too bulky.
OP AdCo82 28 Oct 2011
In reply to Robyn Vacher:

Are they pretty stable on the ground????
 Dervey 28 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: I've used one for wild camping since they were released. It's a fantastic stove if all you want to do is boil water, I've never tried any real cooking with one though. It comes with the legs that clip to the canister for support so I've never had any issues there.
OP AdCo82 28 Oct 2011
In reply to dervey:

I take it its perfect for the foil pouch pre-cooked wayfayre (sp) meals???
 brianblock 28 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:
> (In reply to dervey)
>
> I take it its perfect for the foil pouch pre-cooked wayfayre (sp) meals???

Yes

Styx 28 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: I love mine for wild camping. Sure there are lighter (trangia stove + titanium pans) but the Jetboil is minimal fuss, fast and efficient. It's not much cop for cooking a gourmet meal on the hill, but it's faultless in my experience for boiling water for dehydrated meals and brewing up on a bitterly cold morning when you just want to get hot food/drink in you ASAP!
 Oli Greg 28 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:
Got the Sol and the Group pan.
The sol is superb for solo cooking/wild camping, neat and easy to use. Quick cooking. Can't really think of any negatives.
Used the Group pan (same burner, just different pan and the pan support) in the alps for 2 weeks cooking for a group of 3. Again, it worked really well, the piezo lighter worked well at 3200m. My friend who has been a devotee of Trangia for 20 od years was really impressed with the Jetboil.

Buy one and you wont be dissapointed.
 Ciderslider 28 Oct 2011
In reply to BikeClimbWalk: I second that
ice.solo 29 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

get the sumo version if theres more than one of you or youre melting snow.

warning: theres a small design fault with it tho. theres 2 metal studs on the neoprene outer - what for i cant work out - that obviously get really hot when the thing heats up. being near the handle its easy to touch, which isnt great when your holding 2L of boiling water.

wish id realized that before finding out the hard way.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...