UKC

Jetboil and baggage checks (EasyJet, Liverpool)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 11 Nov 2011
Anyone taken a stove as checked baggage through Liverpool airport? Is it ok or do they confiscated? I have a JetBoil and am going to Barcelona with EasyJet.
 Tim Davies 11 Nov 2011
In reply to Tyler:

check their website. some airlines are more relaxed than others when it comes to carrying stoves.

you won't be able to carry gas cylinders.

In reply to Tim Davies:

Last time I flew Easyjet from Liverpool (October 2009, I think), at the check-in desk they said my pocket rocket burner was OK in Hold luggage. Unfortunately it was later pulled by airport security on the excuse that there may be traces of gas in the burner, particularly a 2nd-hand one (new ones are ok apparently!)! One wonders at the amount of gas in passenger's guts.

My advice for dealing with this situation is to agree to scrap your burner but insist on a signed letter for"your insurance claim". Such job's-worth types usually backtrack as they don't want to take responsibility for their actions. In my case, I was then walked through security, bypassing the X-ray machines, so I could take my burner on as hand luggage! I kid you not.
 nniff 11 Nov 2011
In reply to Jim at Craigdhu:

Didn't have any trouble with a petrol stove and bottle 2 weeks ago, packed as prescribed. Drained, vented, wrapped in cloth and sealed in a plastic bag.

Of course the full aerosol next to it was no cause for concern.

THe bag was unzipped and examined on the way out, but the idle sh***s couldn't be bothered to zip it back up again. Fortunately, nothing went missing.
 JR 11 Nov 2011
In reply to Tyler:

Jetboil will be fine, petrol stoves might get confiscated.
 Dr Toph 14 Nov 2011
In reply to Tyler:
Make sure its squeaky clean, or new. If they can smell *any* fuel on it, they wont let it through. One guy I was travelling through that airport with a year back had to leave behind his petrol stove under a bush in the car park! (car was in town)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...