UKC

Recommend me best hard shell trousers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 k2hvs 07 Dec 2011
If money was no object what hard shell trousers would you buy for fast and light scotish mixed climbing.
 Steeve 08 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs:

mammut nordwand.

incredibly light and stretchy, dont feel like a hardshell atall.

I'm looking at new winter trousers at the moment, its a toss up between the TNF point fives, (super tough, durable,fully bombproof cheapish)
and the rab fusion pant (light, stretchy, toughish, not quite so bombproof.)
 Nille 08 Dec 2011
Very happy with my Haglofs Atom Bib.
OP k2hvs 09 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs: anyone recommend arcteryx beta ar trousers?
birdman 09 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs:

YES i can recoment the beta AR Pants. What do i hate about hardshell pants?
1. They are baggy and blow around in the wind
2. I seem to get damp in them anyway
3. Hassle putting them on
4. Scared of shredding them with my poons.

Arcteryx have an excellent cut on these pants meaning that they are unrestrictive wihtout having massive amounts of material. the full length zips aid donning and doffing. Crampon patches help preserve your £200 investment, internal gaiter helps keep the snow etc out and also stops the pants from riding up your leg when climbing. Not sure how they compare on weight but i'm happy to carry them around in winter. Oh and they are pretty hardwearing too, plus Arcteryx have immense customer service, i'd go so far as to say unequalled (in my experience).
 idmadden 15 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs:

I can also highly recommend Arcteryx Beta AR pants and agree with previous comments.

Mine are five years old and have had a few seamgrip repairs but are still working and going strong. To be honest I would have replaced them by now but I can't find anything else that works and fits as well as these...Arcteryx may be expensive but it lasts the pace...
 Guv 15 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs:

I have just got some Rab Event Latok Alpint touring pant. Very cool. Like a slight stif softshell. Good cut and nice to walk in. Used to walk arounf tryfan on Sunday.

Gareth
ice.solo 15 Dec 2011
In reply to k2hvs:

TNF do an icicle bib in proshell thats a great cut but hard to find.

neoshell is sort of harshellish and feels really good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...