UKC

Open day at the Don Whillans Memorial Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lynn BMC President 05 Jan 2012
Dear all

Just to let you know the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust is having an open day at the DWMH on Saturday 14th January, 10am - 2pm. Everyone welcome to meet SWT staff and volunteers and hear about their intentions and plans of how they are going to manage the Roaches Estate from 2012 onwards.
andyathome 05 Jan 2012
In reply to Moff:
Sounds good. I'd think everyone keen on climbing in the areas would try to be there.
 Dave Garnett 05 Jan 2012
In reply to andyathome:

I'd certainly like to be there as both a BMC and SWT member with a quite a lot of questions to ask, but will sadly be elsewhere.

It's getting to be a habit, unfortunately.
 toad 05 Jan 2012
In reply to Moff: I'd love to go, but January is crap for me. Do you know if there'll be an online summary of the management plan/strategy at some point?
 Simon 13 Jan 2012
In reply to Moff:

is Mr Off and or yourself going?

We will be there from 11.30 ish

Si
 Simon 13 Jan 2012
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Dave, we are going as BMC reps - any questions you want asking, feel free to add on here or email me

Cheers

Simon
BMC access rep
 Offwidth 13 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon:

Sorry we can't go this time, got a diary clash we can't avoid.
 Dave Garnett 13 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon:

One of the things I'd be interested in is what they plan to do with the wooded areas below the crags. I appreciate that it isn't the same as the plantation at Black Brook, but I'd like to be reassured that there isn't going to be a purist open moorland approach with clearance of trees.

Simon 14 Jan 2012
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Duly noted Dave & I will ask the question re: the habitat and land management of the lower tier in regards to woodland management.

It's a good question and one that with the Eastern Moors Management, we are becoming more familiar with habitat and woodland management, so it will be interesting to hear STW's approach to the area. I will post a report of the day of the highlight's if I can & update.

I will flash the Roaches guide about a bit as well just to highlight how marvellous it is!

Cheers

Si
 Offwidth 16 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon:

How did it go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...