UKC

Alpkit tents - feedback from early adopters?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
some_fulla_ant 03 Mar 2012
Thinking about buying an Alpkit Zhota, interested to hear from anyone who's been using an Alpkit tent and has comments, good or bad.

I have read the review of the Zhota at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4375. I guess what I'm not getting from this is detail. Such as, given that the fly doesn't go right to the ground (which is for ventilation reasons I would guess, but other tents go right down) does one get any water splashing up onto the inner through this gap? This has been a problem for previous tents I've owned.

Also things like how's the build construction and durability, as this is the first foray into tents for Alpkit.
 fernie 03 Mar 2012
In reply to some_fulla_ant: thought i read somewhere you can try before you buy with Alpkit tents. hope i am not missleading.
some_fulla_ant 03 Mar 2012
In reply to fernie: I'm in New Zealand so probably not an option
 london_huddy 03 Mar 2012
In reply to some_fulla_ant:
You can do a try before you buy. I'm in the process of putting together a review of the Heksa (the huge one) but the bottom line is that it's great value and a brilliant tent.
 Šljiva 03 Mar 2012
In reply to hindu: Used the Kangri and the Zhota throughout winter and very pleased with both but.... they're my first foray into camping so can't really compare with anything else.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...