Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Greenland - Insurance

matthewtraver - on 16 Mar 2012
Hey,

I'm wondering if anybody on here has had some fairly recent experience with arranging insurance for Greenland?

It seems like the regulations surrounding permits etc. have changed since 2010/11 somewhat. Combining those changes with there being very few insurers wanting to sign the necessary Insurance Statement (so we can get the permits) it's making things pretty darned complicated! After contacting over 10 companies it so far seems that only Kalaallit Forsikring (www.forsikring.gl) will sign the Insurance Statement, which seems pretty crazy. The insurance also costs an arm and a leg (nearly 1300 per person just for SAR/Evac coverage)... seems like quite a monopoly!

If anybody could recommend me an alternative insurer that would be great (or just general advice). Also would be interesting to hear if you've had any issues yourself.

Cheers,

Matt
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums