UKC

maybe a slightly weird footwear question..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CrankCrimp 26 Mar 2012
With the weather now getting warm, I'm in the market for new approach type shoes.

Question is... Who can recommend me a shoe thats comfy to wear without socks?
Doesn't need to be anything spectacular just something for short peak walk in's and going to the pub after
 Monk 27 Mar 2012
In reply to CrankCrimp:

I'm curious - why do you not want to wear socks? I find that socks make shoes more comfortable in warm weather, especially if you wear wicking ones (I use coolmax liners), plus you can wash socks - shoes just get stinky. I would imagine that any normal approach shoe is going to stink quite quickly. You could experiment with sandals (ok most of the time, but not the best look) or watersports shoes (although they tend not to offer much support).
 TobyA 27 Mar 2012
In reply to CrankCrimp: In my experience any, but all will stink quickly and you'll be hated for it. Buy some cheapy 'trainer socks' - those short ones that don't poke out over the top of your shoes and polite society will thank you for it.

Or sports sandals I guess.
 tlm 27 Mar 2012
In reply to Monk:
> You could experiment with sandals (ok most of the time, but not the best look)

What on earth is wrong with sandals?! I wear mine none stop in the summer and hate the feeling of my feet being shut in. There are plenty of teva type sandals out there, which look quite sporty and trendy.
 wilkie14c 27 Mar 2012
In reply to tlm: Yea, there are some quite technical sandies thesedays, TNF and Saloman make them for sure. Fully enclosed and supported foot but slots for air and venting. I lived in mine last summer, even walking up to places like gimmer in them. They are cool, espescially when you get to a stream and you wade in on a summer day
 thin bob 27 Mar 2012
In reply to CrankCrimp:
Salomon have some 'water' sandles. got a pair & great for summer. the back folds down as well so you can wear them like slippers.
Keen 'trainers' are comfy without socks.

don't forget sunscreen and keep grit out!
 Nick Harvey 27 Mar 2012
In reply to CrankCrimp: I think many of these new 'minimalist' running shoes can be worn without socks - a pair for trail running may do as approach shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...