Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Clip or sling thread anchor bolts? (Quadrocks)

Taurig - on 17 Apr 2012
Hi, I'm looking for some guidance on the best way to set up a top roping (belayer at top) anchor on bolts. I have searched through the forums and I have seen various comments about bolts damaging both rope and krabs. If this is the case, I'm unsure as to wether I should thread a sling directly through the bolt, or clip the bolt with a krab then clip the sling? My thinking is that the former could potentially abrade or cut the sling, the latter adds more points of weakness and damages a more expensive krab. Assuming the bolt isn't a rusty, raggedy edged mess, what is the best way to go about this?

While I'm here, the reason I'm asking is that, after my first outdoor session at Neilston this weekend, I'd like to begin a tour of supposedly crappy rock (!) by heading to the Quadrocks. I'm just wondering how extensive the bolting is, if they cover most of the climbs, in particular the left hand crag which I believe has more lower end climbs?

Thanks for any advice.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums