UKC

THIS SAT: Himalayas / Dave Turnbull / Durham City

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Sat 21 April, Himalayas / Dave Turnbull lecture, Durham City

Himalayan Extreme for Beginners, the story of first ascent of Gojung 6310m on the Nepal/Tibet border with Mick Fowler in October 2011.

I’m doing this as an unpaid fundraiser for my old school; the start time is 7.00pm and you can either pay on the door (Durham School lecture theatre, postcode DH1 4SZ ) or in advance by emailing mailto: a.stoker@langleyfoundation.co.uk.

Everyone is welcome so please come along.

There will be a raffle with prizes courtesy of Berghaus; refreshments will be available with proceeds going to the Mountain Rescue.

We spent 7 days on the route and in total had 22 days (out of 24) of blue sky - so the pictures are stunning; see article in April 2012 Climb magazine.

All the best,

Dave Turnbull

martinph78 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Dave Turnbull, BMC: How much are the tickets please? And what time do you expect teh lecture to finish? Thanks, Martin
In reply to Martin1978:

I'll be speaking for about 60-75 mins (max) then there's a raffle and refreshments; all done by 8.30 ish I suspect.

I'll be covering much more than just Nepal - I'm starting with a load of adventurous climbing pics from Mali, Mozambique, Venezuela, Jordan, Orkney, Yosemite etc so it should be a interesting night for people.

It's £7.50 for adults / £4.50 for u18s. All proceeds go to the Durham School Langley Foundation.

Tickets available on the door.

Dave
 martinph78 21 Apr 2012
In reply to Dave Turnbull, BMC: Thanks, will pop along
 Richard Carter 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Dave Turnbull, BMC:

Arse forgot about this. Hope a good night was had by all!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...