UKC

North West Area Meeting next Monday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi folks

Just a note to remind everyone that the next NW Area meeting is at the Belmont Bull in Belmont on Monday 23rd at 7.30 pm.

This should be a good one as we will be covering quite a few of the things that have received a lot of interest on the forums recently e.g. dry tooling in Lancashire (?!), mystery bolts at Anglezarke, problems with the Gun Club at Wilton 3 and even the Gary Gibson appreciation thread.

Hope to see everyone giving it out big time on the web at the meeting so we can actually do something about issues that many seem to have strong opinions on.

Standard inducement/bribe (free chips & butties) included.

Cheers

Colin

Full agenda below:

The British Mountaineering Council

NW Area Meeting and AGM

Date of meeting: 23/04/2012

Venue: The Belmont Bull, Belmont

Agenda

1. Minutes of previous meeting

2. National Council business

3. Club related business

4. Access and clean-up reports

1. Damage at Wilton 3 by gun club
2. Hobson Moor cleanup late April (TBA). Replace belay rings with BMC stakes?
3. Clean up at Wilton 13 May
4. Witches belay stakes
5. This years Hoghton agreement

5. Guidebook updates

6. Any other business

1. Mystery mega bolts at Anglezarke?

2. Dry tooling at Denham – big discussion on UKC. Are there suitable venues?
J1234 20 Apr 2012
In reply to colin struthers: Are these meetings interesting and well attended?
In reply to sjc: over the last year or two attendances have varied from 15 - 40. Always depends on the agenda. Monday's meeting could be quite good as, amongst other things, we will be considering whether it would ever be ok to allow dry tooling on Lancashire crags. Could create a bit of a bun fight.

Coming to the meetings allows gets you a say on BMC National policy as the area discussions inform and influence the BMC National Council's decisions.

Good place to meet other climbers and to get involved in crag restoration, access, fixed gear policies and a whole host of other stuff relevant to the NW area.

Hope to see you there
astley007 21 Apr 2012
In reply to colin struthers:
Hi Colin,
I'll be there
Can these dry-tooling routes have bolts in to make them safe
(maybe now a bigger bunfight!!)
Cheers
Nick
 wilkie14c 21 Apr 2012
In reply to colin struthers:

Colin, I confirm I'll be be there. I felt so stongly about the Denham incident it kicked me of the sofa to go out and take the pictures for the UKC thread. I'll see If I can organise some A4 size pics for Monday but I'm sure everyone interested would have seen them here anyway.

> over the last year or two attendances have varied from 15 - 40.

Will you be doing chips for 40 and if only 15 turn up we get like 3 times as many?
In reply to blanchie14c: That would be the case.
In reply to colin struthers: bump
 efrance24234 23 Apr 2012
In reply to colin struthers: ill be there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...