UKC

Numpty question about sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 28 Apr 2012
If a sleeping bag is described as having a "right" zip does that mean that the zip is on your right hand side as you lie in the bag with the bag the right way round? And is "left" zip therefore the more standard? I think all my sleeping bags have had the zip on the left when I like in the bag with the bag the right way round.

Thanks!
In reply to Blue Straggler: That's correct. Most sleeping bags have a zip on the left-hand side because it's easier that way to reach out and undo it with your right hand (with the assumption that most people are right handed). =o)
 marsbar 28 Apr 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: Some sleeping bags come with a choice of zip side so that you can zip 2 together for couples without one of the hoods being upside down.
 LastBoyScout 28 Apr 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

You are correct.

Mine has a right zip - I prefer it, as I tend to sleep sort of in the recovery position and it means I can tuck the corner under my chin so it's not in my face.

Need to get a matching left zip bag for my soon-to-be wife...
In reply to marsbar:

Do you tend to need to have two of the same model for this, or are zips standardised?
Thanks all
 winhill 28 Apr 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to marsbar)
>
> Do you tend to need to have two of the same model for this, or are zips standardised?

It's best, there's no standard material for the zip, let alone size.

Get the zip on the same side as you write with then you can always remember which side it's on. Unless you're ambidextrous. Then you need a tattoo.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...