Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Learning to belay

chris1982 - on 02 May 2012
Hi all,

My other half needs some help learning to belay. I'm guessing from what I've read it might not be best to try and teach her myself. Aside from it not being too clever, I'm not the best climber in the world so wouldn’t want to pass on any bad habits.

We've looked at a few indoor walls but thought with it being a bank holiday this weekend it might be good to get outside and do it. She has all the kit and we did some roped scrambling work last weekend – she has also been along to the climbing wall.

Was wondering if somebody fancied helping out? Happy to do it on a paid basis, or as we did last week as part of helping someone practice for their MIA. If anyone would like to offer any suggestions that’d be great. If you’re training and can’t take payment etc then would be happy to offer a slab of beer etc as way of a thank you.

Was planning on being in North Wales all weekend if that helps – could go elsewhere of course.

Thanks for reading.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums