UKC

Free multi pitch climbing instruction 9th /10th June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Maggie B 16 May 2012
Hi

I am working towards my mountain instructor award and am looking for volunteers to teach lead climbing and/or progression onto outside / multi pitch climbing. I plan to be in Snowdonia the 9th / 10th June weekend. Anyone interested in some free instruction?

It should be noted that as an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. However I am confident that I can provide a safe and useful instructional day, and have had positive feedback from previous volunteers.

I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a BMC I am insured for third part liability.
icarlton 17 May 2012
I am looking for some insruction on multi pitch climbing and would like to arrange some dates. Have climbed a lot indoors and out on single pitch crags and have done some easy multi pitch but looking for soome tuition before i attempt harder climbs.

looking at my diary i could make that weekend but in need to check

my e-mail is icarlton@bedford.ac.uk
OP Maggie B 18 May 2012
In reply to icarlton: Hi - I've sent you an email
In reply to Maggie B: Sounds great, I've only lead sport routes outdoors and have lead one trad route under supervision. I'd be interested in learning more and try out a few routes myself.

my e-mail: thomas_korrison@hotmail.com
OP Maggie B 28 May 2012
In reply to LifeAboveTheBolt:

Hi Thomas

I now have a couple of folks lined up for that weekend. I'm unfortunately busy for the rest of June, but should get a weekend free for instructing in July. If you're interested then, contact me

Regards

Maggie
In reply to Maggie B: First two weeks of July are open...you available then?
 Dave McKechnie 07 Jun 2012
In reply to Maggie B:

You have mail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...