UKC

Fairy Cave Stakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Two new stakes have been placed above Robs Crack area. They are well back from edge but 50m ropes are long enough. I'd recommend abseiling from the stakes and ring situated by the hawthorn bush on crag edge 50m left (facing out) as this is much easier to pull through. Also placed a stake above the Lumbar Puncture/Epicdural slab.

New CC Fairy Cave interim guide is due out imminently which provides updates on grades and all the additions since the last Avon & Cheddar guide.

Ian Butterworth
BMC Access Rep for Somerset & Mendip
 beardy mike 23 May 2012
In reply to Ian Butterworth: They are proper beefy stakes as well - good work. Ian was saying they were troublesome to get in!
 BALD EAGLE 23 May 2012
In reply to Ian Butterworth:

Good work Ian thanks as ever for this!
Cheers Dave
 bpmclimb 25 May 2012

Nice one Ian. Glad you found some places to get past rock.

I believe the abseil mentioned is down Who Needs Hair Anyway? It's conveniently situated and it's easy to retrieve ropes. A helmet is probably a good idea, though; as that route is superficially a bit chossy.

I probably should have mentioned it in the new guide.
 Richard Hall 25 May 2012
In reply to Ian Butterworth: Well done Ian.

R.E: New Guide - Stock is arriving into the country on the 1st June, and will be with the shops that have ordered it a day or 2 after. Price is £4.

I have 1 copy now which you can have a look at in the shop, but it is not for sale unfortunately.
 beardy mike 25 May 2012
In reply to Richard Hall: Can we preorder?
 Richard Hall 26 May 2012
In reply to mike kann: Consider yours pre-ordered.

If anyone else wants one held back they can send me an email.

I'll be in touch as soon as stock arrives.

Dick
 beardy mike 26 May 2012
In reply to Richard Hall: Good man!
 The Pylon King 26 May 2012
In reply to Richard Hall:

Is Brian doing a meet and greet and signing at your place?
 bpmclimb 26 May 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:

Actually, having just done a new route at FCQ (which is, of course, of national significance), we're going to have to recall all the books and put an update sticker in them.
 Richard Hall 26 May 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King: I am sure Brian will be announcing his tour dates shortly.
 deepstar 26 May 2012
> (In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King) I am sure Brian will be announcing his tour dates shortly.

Please put me down for a T shirt,XXLarge of course!
In reply to bpmclimb:
> (In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King)
>
> Actually, having just done a new route at FCQ (which is, of course, of national significance)

the squeezed in ultra-eliminate thing?

There seems to be not one 6a slab move at FCQ
 bpmclimb 27 May 2012

Apparently some years ago Martin was working a line just left of Cassini Division up the very blank slab and through the notch in the overlap. I bet that has 6a moves.
 The Pylon King 29 May 2012
In reply to bpmclimb:

Maybe because of the angle of the slabs at FCQ it is impossible to do a 6a move anywhere.
 Mike Raine 30 May 2012

What was wrong with Pete's old window frames for stakes!!
 kiwi boy 31 May 2012
> (In reply to Ian Butterworth) Well done Ian.
>
> R.E: New Guide - Stock is arriving into the country on the 1st June, and will be with the shops that have ordered it a day or 2 after. Price is £4.
>
> I have 1 copy now which you can have a look at in the shop, but it is not for sale unfortunately.
Excellent I will be in to get one when your stock comes in
Cheers
kiwiboy

bpmclimb 31 May 2012
> (In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King) I am sure Brian will be announcing his tour dates shortly.

Sorry, I'm cancelling the tour. I'm off to climb some nice, steep, chunky sea-cliff granite (and I'm leaving all the microwires at home).
 The Pylon King 31 May 2012
In reply to bpmclimb:
> (In reply to Richard Hall)
> [...]
>
> Sorry, I'm cancelling the tour. I'm off to climb some nice, steep, chunky sea-cliff granite (and I'm leaving all the microwires at home).

Sorry, I'm cancelling the tour. I'm off to climb some nice wet, steep, chunky sea-cliff granite in the rain (and I'm leaving all the sun hats, sun cream and shorts at home).

there you go ...fixed
 bpmclimb 01 Jun 2012

No hint of schadenfreude there, I trust?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...