UKC

resole or new shoes? (TCA Bristol)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 08 Jun 2012
So my shoes have finally worn through the sole. I've always bought a new pair of shoes but I'm told the TCA Bristol does a really good job (or the people they post to) of re-soling.

Are they ever the same again or am I trying to stinge out? Will I get a shoe back that fits me really well as well as having a good edge and decent rubber? ... I'd like to as it's roughly half the price of new shoes.

Anyone had good/bad experiences with resoling?
In reply to Kemics: I personally haven't got anything resoled for many years having had very mixed experiences.

These days I'd say it is easier and almost as cheap to get hold of a cheap pair of new or nearly new rock shoes.

Provided you aren't fanatical about buying the latest 'new' model then over a couple of months I'd say that you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to find something that fits you going cheap on UKC or ebay. Also, at the rate that manufacturers bring out new models there are generally always 'end of line' models on sale.

A quick look suggests that in the last 6 months there have been 40+ pairs of Evolv, 40+ pairs of Five Ten, 30+ pairs of Scarpa, 20+ pairs of Boreal and over a dozen of Red Chili for sale on UKC.
 Olli-C 08 Jun 2012
In reply to Kemics:

I got mine resoled a couple of years ago, the new rubber and edges were perfect but the fit had changed and didn't feel quite right afterwards. I think new shoes is a better investment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...