UKC

lake district / Helvellyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DougieClegg 21 Jun 2012
Anybody been up in last week, whats weather like? heading up tomorrow to do it any tips? where to stop? what route to do?
 Mark Eddy 21 Jun 2012
In reply to DougieClegg: Up there a few days ago via Striding Edge, great conditions. However, it's been wet and due to be windy so the edges will be 'interesting' and the summit likely to be blasted by the winds. A good walking route would include Dollywagon and Lower Man, Whiteside too as part of a traverse.
Let me know if you'd like any more info, can e-mail you direct

Mark
DougieClegg 21 Jun 2012
cheers mark! did you head up striding edge first then to dollywagon pike or vise versa?
 Ramblin dave 21 Jun 2012
In reply to DougieClegg:
If you don't fancy the edges, the Tongue on Dollywagon and the ridge up from Glenridding Dodd to Sheffield Pike to Stybarrow Dodd are both nice ways up on to the ridge.
DougieClegg 21 Jun 2012
In reply to Ramblin dave: Main reason im going is to do striding!!
 Mark Eddy 22 Jun 2012
In reply to DougieClegg: We did Striding edge then Lower man, Whiteside, and Raise. Good day out. More scrambling can be enjoyed by including Swirral edge too as a way of descent
In reply to DougieClegg: Hi Dougie, all you need on the classic edges route is here: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=71

It doesn't sound like the weather's that good for it today mind
 Wesley Orvis 22 Jun 2012
In reply to DougieClegg:

Heaviest rain i have seen all year in Kendal at the moment, all web cams look wet too, gill scrambling or wet hill walking will be the only option in my opinion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...