UKC

Ice axe design

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dojyness 11 Jul 2012
Might seem a bit random, but Im doing an inventing project as part of my degree (not a commercial project), Im designing a telescopic alpine (not technical)ice axe, with the main aims:

being easyer to pack away in a compacted manner
adjustable for people of different heights
adjustable to suit different terrain angles

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated especially including how much you think is a reasonable price for the product

Cheers
JH
 Reach>Talent 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman:
I think someone beat you to that idea, I think rigid aid ladders used to be called something like parrot perches.
Dojyness 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Taurig:
Yea I found that while doing research, the problem with that axe is that it only folds to pack away, it is not adjustable, also it is graded for emergency use, so not advisable as a walking aid, just for SA monouver
Dojyness 11 Jul 2012
In reply to L.A.:
That is similar to what I am proposing, but it will be able to reduce more in length, also it would be more robust,I dont think the snowscopic could take much punnishment, bearing in mind it is a life saving tool
Dojyness 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman:
Not quite, good way to aviod rock climbing though, not much fun to carry
 deepstar 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Dojyness:
> (In reply to L.A.)
> I dont think the snowscopic could take much punnishment, bearing in mind it is a life saving tool

I own a Petzl Snowscopic and I can assure you it is a very robust tool built along the same lines as the Snowracer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...