UKC

Arc'teryx R320

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 quiffhanger 06 Aug 2012
I've had my R320 harness for just under a couple of years. Absolutely love it but I've noticed I've got the bright orange stuff showing through on the underside of the leg-loop-to-belay loop attachment.

Given I've used it on average, say, 2/3 days a week for a couple of years I'm not overly bothered and certainly am not going to bug Arc'teryx about it but I would have expected it to last a little longer.

Is this consistent with others experience of these fancy new lightweight harnesses? Can I expect the other models to last any longer? Other than the leg elastic going a bit wonky it's otherwise looking pretty new.

It's kind of annoying: previously I would have made my own judgement on worn webbing (it doesn't look that bad) but now it seems pretty foolish to ignore it. Unless it's a marketing ploy to get me to buy a new harness every 2 years

-ross
 iksander 06 Aug 2012
In reply to quiffhanger: There are much better things to save money on than scrimping on a harness!
 Indy 06 Aug 2012
In reply to iksander:

WHS!

I've just recently bought a new harness to replace my older one. It would be silly to save a few quid only to have it fail at a critical moment.
OP quiffhanger 06 Aug 2012
In reply to iksander: sure. Not asking if I should replace it, asking if this is the expected lifespan of a harness nowadays.
 John2 06 Aug 2012
In reply to quiffhanger: I thought Arcteryx harnesses had a lifetime guarantee.
 snoop6060 06 Aug 2012
In reply to quiffhanger:

Suppose thats the price you pay for having such a light harness. I've a R300 I think, love it, but it is light and thin. Doesn't feel like it will take years of abuse like my old WC one. Though having said that, my last black diamond one only lasted 3 years before the stitching on the belay loop started coming away.
 cliff shasby 06 Aug 2012
In reply to quiffhanger: i think one of the problems with making this lower tie-in point stiffer/more rigid than they used to be is when walking or climbing the webbing is getting (sawn) from side to side,on my b360 i can feel it grinding with every step !.
bearbreeder 09 Aug 2012
In reply to quiffhanger: this is a known issue with all the UL older model arcteryx harnesses,ive blown out several personally as have at least 5 other people i know of

the proof in the pudding is that they beefed up the lower tie in loops for the new models

contact them and they should replace your harness

paying top dollar for arcteryx does not always mean it will last you as long as cheaper stuff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...