/ Half ropes? Tendon ambition 8.5mm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
David Cowley - on 03 Sep 2012
i,m after buying twin half ropes for trad climbing for obvious reasons. Looking at the tendon ambition 8.5 x 60m half ropes. Has anyone had any experience or advice to give about these particular ropes

Cheers

David
Ross B - on 03 Sep 2012
Have them, love them, most people who have used mine seem to like them, BUT I do not kow what I am talking about as they are my first ropes.

Ross
CurlyStevo - on 03 Sep 2012
In reply to David Cowley:
If you want something that will last and last the mammut genesis have a very good reputation in this area. Elderid also are very hard wearing.
Stephi on 03 Sep 2012
Got them 1 1/2 years ago and I am happy with the handling (used them for trad and a bit of winter climbing). Have a feeling that the sheath is not as hard-wearing compared to other ropes, but they are quite cheap...
ERH - on 13 Sep 2012

was about to post this exact post :)
hopefully this bump will add some replies from people with a good comparison
Stuart Wood - on 13 Sep 2012

Mine have had a spanking! Brilliant ropes! Durable, handle well and great price!

Woody
James Oswald - on 13 Sep 2012
I got the TA 8.5mm the other day. Not used them yet but they seem lovely...
ianstevens - on 13 Sep 2012
In reply to David Cowley: I've got a pair of the 7.9's and have used a mates 8.5's, both of which are absolutely top notch. I personally prefer them over the genesis, and the tendon ropes a bit/quite a bit cheaper.

Buy the Tendon ones and you'll never, ever look back!
David Cowley - on 14 Sep 2012
Ended up getting these ropes and very happy with what I got. Thanks everyone for your advice, now I'm gonna stop posting on here and get out and get them used :-)

Oh anyone else interested they do come with the nanotechnology cover on them rather than the basic proofing that cheaper ropes come with

ads.ukclimbing.com
Darron - on 14 Sep 2012

I got a pair of tendon ambitions last week for 135 from Go Outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.