Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Cassin route Paz Badile

rlade - on 04 Sep 2012
Just returned from europe after climbing the Cassin on the Paz Badile. Before going I read articles and checked the route which meanders across the face. I had read there would be pitches of 5b and 5a and it even has a tech grade of 6a TD. Well I can tell you all that there is not one pitch of 6a and certainly no pitches of 5b. There is one pitch of 5a, bridging corner that needs a little thought but that is it.
I would recommend this route to a solid VS climber who has mountain experience. For years I have been put off thinking am I ready for this I should have climbed it thirteen years ago. It is an excellent route that you could take a weaker partner on. It is a long day, we climbed it in six hours and descended the nnw arete in six half, getting the rope caught on each ab. Finding the route is okay but keep traversing at the beginning for 300m.I think the Cassin shoud be D french 5/5+. Happy days Rich
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums