UKC

Late Summer climbing in El Chorro Andalucia

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Melanie Byrne 08 Sep 2012
premier post photo
El Chorro and the Caminito Del Rey are still open for climbing! and the late summer temperatures are perfect for a mixture of climbing and having a holiday.

El Chorro has around a thousand routes of all grades on offer to exprience some fantastic Sports climbing. You can buy the guide book for El Chorro crags from the Rockfax website.

The Camino Del Rey, the walkway via ferrata around the gorge, is an amazing experience and the scenery is stunning. The walkway is still very passable with the safety line in tact for the whole length (el chorro side), last week took my 73 year old Dad on it and he absolutely loved it!

Our Accommodation, The Olive Branch, is located just opposite Las Encantadas crag (shown in picture) and is great for climbers and holiday makers with plenty of flexible accommodation. Rates starting from 7 euros per night for camping going up to 32 euros per night for a private double room Ensuite for 2 people. Check our Classifieds Ad for more information.

Come and get some late summer sun and a climbing holiday to remember!

Mel and Gary
The Olive Branch Guesthouse
El Chorro

OP Melanie Byrne 08 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: Note to clarify that El Chorro and the Camino Del Rey and Gorge are NOT affected by any recent climbing bans at Desplomilandia whilst rare birds are nesting there.
 AlH 09 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: Hearty recommendation from me for Mel and Gary and the Olive Branch. Super friendly and helpful, great place to stay and sooooo handy for the crags!
Al
 Ciro 12 Sep 2012
In reply to AlH:
> (In reply to Melanie Byrne) Hearty recommendation from me for Mel and Gary and the Olive Branch. Super friendly and helpful, great place to stay and sooooo handy for the crags!
> Al

Seconded. Fantastic hosts and a great location.
 PaulC 12 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: Hi, Mel

How is the paint-work holding up? Any jobs on this winter?

Paul
 Roberttaylor 12 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: If only I had the time! Back soon I hope.

R
 Andy S 13 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: Hi Melanie I recently texted a number from your website but had no reply. I'm wondering if it's possible to come and work for you in exchange for accomodation (and food?) and some time for climbing?
 Richy boy 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: I'll be there next month for some climbing. Can't wait to see the accommodation aswell!

Richy.
 escostar 16 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: I'll be there next month too!
OP Melanie Byrne 19 Sep 2012
In reply to AlH: Cheers guys! Mel and Gary
In reply to Ciro: Thanks Ciro! Miss you here mate come and see us again soon. Mel and Gary
In reply to PaulC: Hey Paul hos it going! Paintwork is holding up well we have had lots of lovely comments on how nice everything looks so huge thanks to you and the others! No jobs on this winter but definately same time next year to re-paint if you are up for it! cheers Mel and Gary
In reply to Andy S: Hi Andy Sorry for the delay I did text back I have been in hospital for an op! We have a full quota of staff for this winter already but maybe in the Spring. Try us around Feb time when i know who is still with us for the season. Cheers Mel and Gary The OB
In reply to escostar: Hi Its Mel from the OB we have lots of climbers and climbing staff staying here next month so I am sure you won't have any trouble finding a partner here. Also we offer lifts and we are putting a lift sharing form on our notice board so hopefully that will help you out. You can get the train all the way into El Chorro twice a day now from Malaga and we are a short walk (15mins) up the hill or call us and we can pop down and get you. 686 669 359. Thanks Mel
In reply to Richy boy: Hi Richy Its Mel at the OB just to let you know that we offer a taxi service and we are putting a lift sharing form on our notice board this season so hopefully you can find someone to go out and about with. We also have some staff who are climbers coming with transport that like to go out to Desplomilandia etc. further afield so we will introduce you to them. Look forward to meeting you! Cheers Mel and Gary
 Richy boy 19 Sep 2012
In reply to Melanie Byrne: Thanks very much. Can't wait to meet everyone and check the place out.

Richy.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...