UKC

First triathlon (Olympic distance)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
I did my first triathlon today got a time of around 3:30. so the question is, is this a respectable time? Or am I big fat fatty who should go back and get a proper time next season?
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1:

Stuff the time! competing and completing is what's it about 1st time out.
OP Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
In reply to Carpe Diem: oh don't get me wrong I'm really pleased with it. I just want something to compare it to.
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1: Have you done any sprint distance Tri's yet?
OP Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
In reply to Carpe Diem: no. I got DNF in a super sprint very early season but this is the first 'proper' tri I've done.
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1:

1.5k swim = 40mins
35k bike = 1hr 15
10k Run = 1Hr 10

Total 3:05

Those were my last times, and I'm distinctly below average..

3 1/2 hours is a good place to start from.
OP Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
In reply to Carpe Diem: unfortunately I can't give you particularly accurate times as I'm one of 16 pages of people who's timing chips didn't work. But I suppose it's not a bad effort. I'd be pretty keen to beat it though. Now all I need is not run faster and not have a single speed bike. Oh yeah and I don't spose the cramp helped either...
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1:
> (In reply to Carpe Diem) I don't spose the cramp helped either...

Been there, got the T-shirt.
OP Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
In reply to Carpe Diem: it's not fun...
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1:
I'd recommend looking up your local Tri club.... You'll get some great tips and training plans from them.
OP Dom Brown 23 Sep 2012
In reply to Carpe Diem: I've had a look. It wind rush tri I don't know if you know them I might try to get down there. I really enjoyed today.
Carpe Diem 23 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1: It's addictive for sure. I'm with Celtic Tri down in sunny south Wales Great bunch of folks.
 webbo 24 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1:
No you should be at least under 3hrs.
 Toby_W 24 Sep 2012
In reply to DB1: Never ever go fast in your first one as you certain of a pb. If you go too fast you'll struggle to get one next time.

Cheers

Toby
 Liam M 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Toby_W:
> (In reply to DB1) Never ever go fast in your first one as you certain of a pb. If you go too fast you'll struggle to get one next time.
>

That's especially the case as they often seem to be upto 50% longer than quoted, so you need a lot of time to definitely pb next time around!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...