UKC

Short trousers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 25 Sep 2012
Im sure this has been asked before. I am in need of either winter weight soft-shell or good quality waterproof trousers that come up short. Im a medium (32) waist but only 29/30 inside leg. A buuger to find anything other than Paramo. Any help would be great.
 AdCo82 25 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:

Not the best make ever but try Craghoppers for the softshell type???
 D.Andrew 25 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:
I have the same problem. Mountain equipment in a medium seem to be ok, but I find mammut to be quite good with various leg lengths as do Marmot (a little trickier to source though).
 abr1966 25 Sep 2012
In reply to droites: Hve a look at Marmot.....i have short legs and always find their fittig and range good...
 nniff 25 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:

Try Mammut. That makes you a UK Size 32 short or a Euro size 23

http://www.mammut.ch/en/apparel_sizes_charts.html

Peglers will order you a pair, I'm sure; - give them a call and ask.
 Boulderdash86 26 Sep 2012
In reply to nniff: Montane do short legs and Im a 27 inside leg.
 JohnnyW 26 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:

You think you've got a problem - I hovver between 36 and 38 waist, and only have a 28' inside leg - It's an effin nightmare. Mountaineers should only be tall and rangy apparently!

I did get some Mountain Hardware Sarpa pants with a Short leg, but they were ridiculous around the arse - OK, I have a middle-age paunch, but the rest of me's fit and muscley, not lardy! B*****s!

Sooo, I ended up having Cioch Clothing of Skye make me a pair. OK, it's Paramo material, but excellent for winter climbing. I can get away with Craghoppers and the like during the summer.

My pal's the same, wee and stocky, and he had to do the same - The knee patches on off-the-peg troos come around our ankles.....
 oddtoast 26 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:
This might be a daft question but is there a reason why you can't buy them too long and get them taken up? Do they have fancy hems or ankles that would stop you doing that? (Genuine question, I don't have softshell trousers so don't know)

I often buy things in "long" off the sale rail and take them up myself. You can then get the length spot on for your footwear etc (or be lazy and do it close enough in my case :p). Can be a bit fiddly if there are zips, but not too much trouble and worth it for a bargain!
 sheeny 26 Sep 2012
In reply to droites: berghaus do a short or long leg i'm a short arse and they fit great
 gethin_allen 26 Sep 2012
In reply to droites:
I always champion the berghaus deluge overtrousers, they perform far better than a lot of others twice their price, and, they do short/reg/long versions so a 32 short should fit the bill.
 JohnnyW 26 Sep 2012
In reply to oddtoast:
> (In reply to droites)
> This might be a daft question but is there a reason why you can't buy them too long and get them taken up? Do they have fancy hems or ankles that would stop you doing that? (Genuine question, I don't have softshell trousers so don't know)
>

Ah, therin lies the rub, as the Bard would say.

They nearly always have articulated knees, knee re-inforcement, internal gaiters or draw-strings etc.

If only 'twere that easy
 Ross B 26 Sep 2012
I second the berghaus deluge overtrousers, you can normally pick them up for the £40.

I use a pair of Marmot Scree 30" Short, and they seem to be fine for me with my 28/29 inside leg.

Also ME have do IBEX and the guide stretch pants in short, although I am unsure of the sizing.

There are trousers out there, finding them in shops is the real problem.

nniff 26 Sep 2012
In reply to JohnnyW:
> (In reply to droites)
>
> You think you've got a problem - I hovver between 36 and 38 waist, and only have a 28' inside leg -

Try Norona - I'm fairly lean, but their sizes were crazy - armfuls of spare fabric round the waist and the legs ended halfway up my shins
 stonemaster 26 Sep 2012
In reply to oddtoast: You can move zips! One is not worthy...<genuflects>
 oddtoast 26 Sep 2012
In reply to stonemaster:
*grins*! You can move most things with a little patience. Or just take length out in the middle to avoid having to if you don't mind a stripe above or below the knee.

That's fine with simple shapes but the more 3D the pattern and seams are, i.e the more cleverly the final piece of clothing wraps around the body, the less possible it is to do this neatly - which would be the problem with well fitting softshells I guess.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...