UKC

mountain equipment changabang waterproof trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 upontop 10 Oct 2012
have recently purchased a pair of these. really disappointed that on their first outing got wet legs due to water entering through the water resistant zips. In the design there are storm flaps behind the zips to act as back up. The two lengths of material which are supposed to overlap each other do not sit correctly in relation to each other. Before writing a moany letter to ME has anybody else had the same experience. The product retails at £ 290 os not something you should expect. Comments will be very welcome
Rich @ ME 11 Oct 2012
In reply to upontop: I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your Changabang Pants, this is obviously not what we would expect. If you e-mail me directly at products@mountain-equipment.co.uk we can arrange to have the trousers looked at.

The Changabang Pants are exceptionally well proven bits of kit with some of the Plas Y Brenin staff wearing them 100+ days a year for a mixture of work and personal climbing. Personally I've used mine a lot without any issue, we'd be very keen to look at any pair that weren't performing as expected.

Rich
Mountain Equipment
OP upontop 02 Nov 2012
In reply to upontop:
> have recently purchased a pair of these. really disappointed that on their first outing got wet legs due to water entering through the water resistant zips. In the design there are storm flaps behind the zips to act as back up. The two lengths of material which are supposed to overlap each other do not sit correctly in relation to each other. Before writing a moany letter to ME has anybody else had the same experience. The product retails at £ 290 os not something you should expect. Comments will be very welcome

As a follow up to my original post. Was contacted by ME, who invited me to send them the waterproofs to them for inspection. They have agreed there was an issue with them and are sending me a replacement pair. Good to get good customer service when things do go wrong, so thanks to all at ME who were involved

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...