Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Front Lights, and commuter tips

Martin1978 on 16 Oct 2012
Boring question I guess, but don't have much money to waste so appreciate any user recommendations. Looking online there are hundreds of lights available but hard to know which is suitable for my needs/budget.

Looking for recommendations for a front light that I can quickly swap between my mountain bike and road bike without tools, is bright enough to see on unlit paths, and make sure that car drivers see me.

Needs to be cheap, run on aa or aaa batteries (so I can use rechargables in my current charger). Battery life not essential, more bothered about brightness/beam pattern for paths and roads.

I did have a 12v lead acid halogen cat-eye jobby which was awesome, but it broke and I can't afford to replace that :(

Budget is zero, but I'll stretch to under 20 :)

Also any tips for staying alive on the roads during these dark evenings would be appreciated. Will be buying a hi-viz jacket as well. I've biked all of my life but avoided roads for a reason. Last-night I remembered why, it's pretty scarey! Mostly worried about cars pulling out on me.

Stay safe,
Martin

... not showing 37 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums