Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Should I be logging my climbs

Pete Fish - on 23 Oct 2012
Hey up,

I've been back climbing for about three years in various indoor walls (Harlow, foundry, Milton Keynes and a couple of others) and whilst not great I'm doing ok for an irregular climber (6a normally, 6b at a push).

Recently I've taken a couple of friends from work along who were complete beginners and whilst I'm comfortable covering basic safety stuff and climbing I was thinking about going on an instructors course (CWA?) as it would increase my confidence in bringing new people along as well as increasing my knowledge of climbing.

Looking around at the courses they all seem to mention log books, previously I'd always thought of this as an outdoor thing so haven't bothered keeping track of what I've been doing.

So I guess the question is, should I be logging the climbs that I do each week? And can I get hold of a log book without signing up to the courses?

Thanks and hopefully thatís not a really obvious question.

Pete
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums