UKC

best down jacket less than £150

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jordon Fleming 28 Oct 2012
after the freezing cold weekend at the crag i am looking for the best and warmest down jacket for £150 or less. maybe a little more if it is worth it

sheeny 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: for another tenner patagonia fitz roy at needle sports
Simon Wells 28 Oct 2012
In reply to sheeny:

anther vote for synthetic, cheaper, operates in the wet and is cheaper!
Graeme G 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming:

What size you looking for? I have an ME Lightline XL which is a bit too big. I've only worn it 3 times and is in perfect nick.
 tim000 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: field and trek have some karrimore down jackets for £99 . look ok.
 DalesClimber 28 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: Alpkit Filo
 John Lewis 28 Oct 2012
In reply to MariaDixon1:
> (In reply to Jordon Fleming) Alpkit Filo

Seconded
 Madden 28 Oct 2012
In reply to John Lewis: +1 to alpkit - 90 quid, without reductions
 Blue Straggler 28 Oct 2012

I bought a 50% down, 50% chicken-feather jacket from Decathlon in March for £15!

Also look out for Keela Latitude - it is Primaloft rather than down but I loved mine (looking a bit long-in-the-tooth 4.5 years down the line but I only paid £70 for it and I wore it too much as an "every day" jacket. Packs down neatly enough if not as compact as real down. £135 RRP I think.
 Camm 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Madden:
If they're in stock!
 Bimble 29 Oct 2012

Another vote for the ME Lightline, lovely jacket (got mine on as I type!)
 The Lemming 29 Oct 2012
In reply to MariaDixon1:

Alpkit

Thirded.

LucaC 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: Rab Infinitys are usually on sale somewhere, for £150-175. They totally knock both the alpkit ones and the lighlines out the water on all fronts (owned a lightline, have friends with alpkit ones).
 another_mark 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Jordon Fleming: No love for the epicentre sale?
 Fraser 29 Oct 2012

I have an Alpkit Filo I could be persuaded to part with. Pretty much unused; it's a medium and is in Lego blue.
 Welsh Kate 29 Oct 2012

For £149 you could get a Midwinter Minimus with a drishell outer in PHD's sale which starts tomorrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...