Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Affordable self-catered ski venue for couple of beginners

Oujmik - on 30 Oct 2012
Hi all, my gf and I are looking to take our first skiing holiday together this season. I can already ski at a basic level (i.e. happy on easy blues), she is a complete beginner but is going to do lessons at the Snow Centre so depending on how she gets on, she might not need ski school.

I'm looking for a good venue where we can go self-catering, we intend to cook, not eat out, so supermarket is essential, restaurants are not). We'd like to be right next to the pistes - i.e. just a short walk to the gondola/lift, or a ski-in ski-out type arrangement, no driving or buses preferably. We're looking for something with a relaxed feel where we can enjoy spending time in the mountains for their own sake as well as for the skiing. Not really bothered about nightlife or facilities beyond skiing and food (although I should point out we're not going for the ski/climbing bum approach, i.e. flying and a chalet/apartment rather than camper van or hostelling).

I'm not really a skiing person, so I don't have much knowledge. I have tried surfing Crystal but there is so much choice! The only place I've been before is Soldeu in Andorra with Crystal, but the prices there seem pretty steep about 1500 for a week all in. Obviously France has hundreds of resorts and Bulgaria sounds intriguing and possibly cheaper.

Any recommendations or tips would be welcome!
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums