Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Fitting new brakes

Richard Carter - on 30 Oct 2012
As I mentioned on another thread, I have some new bike brakes as I'm trying to fit them. I have several questions as I'm not very good with technical stuff, but I'm slowly learning - cables are pretty much the last thing for me to get my head around!

Well first of all the cables are actually only a couple of weeks old as I just had them replaced, so I assume they're good to use and I don't need new ones. I had a look and took off the old brakes, but the cap on the wire stops me removing the barrel adjustery bit. So I have two questions - both of which might seem like stupid questions!

1. How do I remove the existing cable cap. There's a bit of wire spare so do I just cut it above the cap?
2. How do I fit a new cable cap? I guess I can buy a couple on ebay and just squeeze them with pliers to hold them on?
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums