UKC

Friend's father missing on Snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stupidgirl45 03 Nov 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to UKC (despite lurking under a previous log on for awhile!). Apologies for my first posting being a request for help, I know it's bad form, but a friend of mine's father is missing on Snowdon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-20125465

I know it's a total longshot, but I just thought I'd post on here in case anyone has seen anything or can help at all. I appreciate the chances are minimal but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for reading this post.

SG45
Ryan Simpson 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Bump
In reply to stupidgirl45: In what way is it bad form to try every avenue to find a missing person? you have done only what anyone else would do. You do not have to apologise.

I unfortunately cannot help in your search other than to hope he returns safely.

All the best.
stupidgirl45 03 Nov 2012
Thanks so much for your responses.

His family are so worried about him, I so hope he is found soon

Hopefully someone, somewhere will have seen something....

SG x

In reply to stupidgirl45: might be worth emailing the mods of the site to put a news item as this thread will quickly dissappear.

the relevant contact is on this page.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/general/email.html
 Dom Whillans 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45:
good luck with the search... happy to bump this to the top of the forum for you.
 mattrm 03 Nov 2012

He's been missing since the 25th it seems.

I assume that the MRT / SARDA teams are out looking for him, I'm sure they'll find him soon enough, they're very good.
 muppetfilter 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: I hope he is found safe and well, one point I couldn't fathom in the article is that of his distinctive yellow VW Van. Is it missing also and maybe something for people to keep an eye out for ?
 JSA 04 Nov 2012

Have another bump.
stupidgirl45 04 Nov 2012
Hi everyone,

Apologies for disappearing - I have a newborn baby who seems to take up *all* of my time!

Thanks for your bumps - and suggestions. I have contacted the news editor to see if they will put it up as news.

I know that SARDA and NEWSAR have been out looking for him.

His van is distinctive but I don't think he had it with him - he took the train to the summit with his photography equipment - and it seems that his whereabouts after that are a mystery.

Many thanks again for your support, it's much appreciated

Becky/SG45
Joonsy 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: bump to keep post visible for you.
 Pete Potter 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Hi Becky, very worrying I'm sure for all concerned.
I know that Llanberis MRT and SARDA have been actively searching since he was reported missing. I hope this all comes to a conclusion as soon as possible. Saying that if anyone has any information that they feel may be of use then I am sure it would be well received.
 mattc 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Good luck
 Albert Tatlock 04 Nov 2012

I assume the police are involved,your friend needs to get the cops to trace his vehicle to the Snowden area,if not get then to check ANPR to see if the vehicle / person has moved. Have they triangulated his mobile phone,accessed his bank account for unusual movement etc.

Not telling your friends / cops how to suck eggs,I am sure the cops have done this already.

Good luck
Slugain Howff 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Jonny Rotten:

Mountain rescue in the UK is responsiblity of the police so by default they will already be involved in this search in conjunction with local MR.

S
 Albert Tatlock 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Including the NPIA / SIO / POLSA, hope the MFH's family get some news soon.

Good Luck
 Cameron94 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Any news?
Hope he is found safe and well!
stupidgirl45 05 Nov 2012
Thanks for all your messages, so far no news
As far as i know his van is at the hotel - he took the train to the summit and then...?

will keep you posted

becky
 JJL 02 Dec 2012

I hope he turned up safely, was there more news?
jim hughes 11 Jan 2013
Did the guy ever get found, was he ok?
Simon_Sheff 11 Jan 2013
In reply to jim hughes:

A 30 second google search reveals unfortunately not:

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/1217730-no-further-appeals...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...