UKC

Sri Lanka

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chick mackay 08 Nov 2012
Has anyone ever done any climbing or trekking in Sri Lanka? Moving there soon and wondering what it might be like.
 tom84 08 Nov 2012
In reply to chick mackay: its slowly developing over there- theres a bit of single pitch as well as a little multipitch stuff. the problem is that it is very very hot and humid. i lived out there a while and you'll have a great time- unless your work involves dealing with the government/charity work.
 JohnO1978 08 Nov 2012
In reply to chick mackay:

I visit there quite a lot for work so I would be interested in meeting up if you find some good routes.
gary1 09 Nov 2012
In reply to chick mackay: i bimbled up Adams Peak years back..we set of at midnight to make the top for sun up..great views.
 The Ivanator 09 Nov 2012
In reply to chick mackay: There is good trekking in the Knuckles mountains in central Sri Lanka. I didn't climb when I was there, but there is plenty of rock around with the potential for epic new routing. The face of Lakegala mountain looked like a particularly enticing big wall adventure. The peak is 1300m, not sure how high the rock face is, but I'd estimate in excess of 500m. I think there is a climbing scene there, certainly there are a few companies offering rock climbing, although there I suspect most crags are yet to be developed with routes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...