UKC

North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ciderslider 19 Nov 2012
I'm hopefully gonna get up to North Wales about 9th Dec for a couple of days - plan is to take everything and camp near Tryfan. If the weather is not too good do some hill walking (snowdon horseshoe/ tryfan etc) and if the weather is ok maybe a bit of easy multi pitch trad - something like Grooved arete.
Would really appreciate any advice or suggestions - (I do have a 4 season bag and a sturdy mountain tent.
Are there any sites where I can get detailed forecasts for the area.

Cheers

Mark
 mrchewy 19 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider: MWIS for the weather, usually the best for Snowdonia.
 GrahamD 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider:

Tremadog. Its amazing how often this is climbable when the pass is totally gopping.
 Rory Shaw 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider: I would think about camping somewhere other than below tryfan - its horribly exposed up there. If you have the weather we are having now your tent would probably be in the menai straights! Maybe try and find somewhere more sheltered and lower down.... unless of course you love the wind!
OP Ciderslider 20 Nov 2012
In reply to GrahamD: Cheers mate, don't think there will be anything major trad wise (due to the fact that by then it will be either freezing or soaked - or both !!).
Was just thinking about a multi pitch mountain route maybe.
In reply to Rory Shaw: was thinking of the campsite at gwern gof whatsitsname down by the road - hopefully shouldn't be too bad there should it ??
And if it is I will get a chance to test the Jannu
 Rory Shaw 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider: yeh its pretty savage - seen many a tent wrecked there!
 Andy Say 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Ciderslider:
You've just got to look at the forecast nearer the time rather than rely on 'Oh, its crap right now'. It HAS been crap for two days but the wind has dropped and the air is dry right now.

Three weeks time it could be doing anything!

The Gwern Gof Ichaf/Uchaf sites can be breezy. If you are looking at more shelter maybe consider the Gwynant/Beddgelert area for a site?
In reply to Andy Say: Thanks mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...