/ Alpine Tour Pro Ice Axe - any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mmmhumous on 03 Dec 2012
I'm after a T-rated axe for walking and easy climbing. I'm looking at getting the Climbing Technology Alpine Tour Pro ice axe. Are they any good? Any other options I should consider?

Taurig - on 03 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

A mate of mine got one as his first axe. I'd make the same comment about it as I would my CT crampons; not exactly refined, but will do the job perfectly well. I prefer my BD Raven but I'm probably just being a tart.
kbow265 - on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I nearly got one, but in the end got an old style DMM cirque as it was going cheap, a bit heavier but feels nearly bombproof. You might find some deals about with the new style coming in.
mmmhumous on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

Thanks all. it was a toss up between the Cirque, and the Tour. Decided to go for the standard Alpine Tour, as it's on sale for 40 including delivery.
TobyA on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I think that's the CT axe I reviewed for UKC along with the Nuptse crampons. Click on my profile and there's a link there somewhere.
TobyA on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: Now I'm on a proper computer I can find the link for you http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3300 (scroll down to the axe). HTH.
mmmhumous on 04 Dec 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers, sounds like it'll do me just fine for the easy stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.