Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mammut Ride RAS Airbag system

SiWood - on 04 Dec 2012
My better half would like me to keep safe this winter (possibly so I can be around contribute to that new conservatory next spring !). She has offered to buy me an avalanche airbag system (no truer sign of true love eh!).

These are becoming increasingly popular in the alps and as I have become very avalanche aware in the last couple of seasons (cough!), I think they are a good idea when added to all other safety measure (prevention, transciever training etc)

Looking at around at the various models available the Mammut Ride RAS seems newish on the market. Does anyone have any experience of this model? I assume it is very similar to the ABS and BCA models.

Was thinking of something just for backcountry day use.

Also if I purchase in UK I assume the canisters cannot be taken on the plane even in hold luggage. Is it normal to rent a gas canister or purchase one when in the alps?
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums