UKC

Harrogate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex the Alex 05 Dec 2012
Hi everyone. I currently spend around half my year in Harrogate and feel its about time i got into this whole bouldering business. Might anyone be able to recommend me some good problems V2-V4?
Transport is often an issue, so i would be considering the nearby crags: Almscliff, Brimham,or some of the smaller outcrops?

Many thanks, Alex
In reply to Alex the Alex: get a bike and get the new guide. oh and a mat. go forth and multiply - your experiences
 Jon Stewart 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Alex the Alex:

At Almscliffe, I'd recommend the obvious classics: Morell's Wall (V2), Crucifix (V0+ I guess), Crucifix Arete (V3 but feels V4 to me) and also Pebble Wall (which is V5 but it's pure trickery, not strength dependent...obviously at the wrong crag!).

If you can, the trip up to Slipstones is really worthwhile - oodles of brilliant problems, with strong lines up a minature crag that faces direct into the sun, and in a beautiful setting. Not to mention the best rock anywhere.

Layby (V2/3)
Rock On (always feels V4 to me but apparently it's easier)
Steptoe (hard V3)
Right Hand Twin (tricky and brilliant V2) and the other aretes round there (V3/4+)
Question of Balance/the other good slab (feels V2ish to me)
Countless amazing highballs e.g. Paul's arete (V0+/E1), Sowden, Dennis in Darlo...
OP Alex the Alex 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Alex the Alex:

The slipstones look brilliant! thanks Jon. Il try get out there asap. However my bike is the main form of transport atm though so will try Almscliff first (once ive figured how to strap the pad on).

Out of interest does anybody have any experience of Birk Crag? its in my backyard so I was hoping to explore it a little more with bouldering in mind?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...