Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Morocco: Punter trad?

Kemics - on 24 Dec 2012
I'm looking to go for a 10 day ish climbing holiday to Morocco. The trad climbing looks really good but it seems to be on the adventuerous side of the scale. Big loose chimneys etc a bit old school ... though I hear Joe Brown put up a bunch of the routes so no huge surprise I guess :)

What's the scope like for safe trad cragging? Racking up lots of S-E1 routes in a day? I'm happy climbing most things but my partner for the trip is a fairly inexperienced second so I dont want to drag them on scary multipitch stuff that will put them off :) ...though that quartzite looks rad

I guess heading out sometime end feb/early march. Happy to go anywhere in the country, it seems like (looking at ukc articles) there's 3 main areas?

Is it possible to do on a budget? By the sound of things a rental car is the biggest expense. Do I need to brush up on my French or can you get by with English?

Any advice would be awesome :)
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums