UKC

North Face Terra 65 vs Deuter Venture 60 +10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
readysalted 31 Dec 2012
I currently have a TNF Spire (think it's 40ltrs), which is ideal for a day on the hills, (jetboil, warm kit, food & bits and bobs), but is a bit too small for an overnight trip, or a few days on the hills to carry a tent & sleeping bag.

I think I could do with atleast 60ltrs capacity, and these two rucksacks are the only two I can find which seem to fit the bill, for around 100 quid.

If anyone can share their experiences with these, or give me some more info etc. I would be v. grateful.

Cheers.
Lizzz 31 Dec 2012
In reply to readysalted:
I have the Deuter Venture 55+10 and its a decent enough bag with more than enough space in it for my stuff for a few days camping. It's not the lightest bag around, but seems like it's going to last just about forever.

Not tried the North face bag so can't comment on that... but if you're quite slim you might find the womens deuter bag fits you fine and afaik it's on sale at go outdoors for less than £40 at the moment.
readysalted 31 Dec 2012
In reply to Lizzz:
Funnily enough I had noticed that the womens version was on sale for about 35 quid which I thought was pretty good, but unfortunately not for me, I'm quite tall and about 14 and a half stone, more of a shire horse, than a mountain goat lol. Also I'm pretty sure the womens versions have wider and larger hip support too.

Deuter rucksacks are pretty reputable, and I guess they're on par with osprey? Whereas TNF are getting to be a bit more of a fashion accessory nowadays, which makes me wonder if the quality and longevity will be questionable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...