Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mont Blanc Program

gavinpeach - on 01 Jan 2013
Hello All,

Me and 3 friends are planning a trip to the Alps this summer with the ultimate aim of summiting Mont Blanc. For planning purposes I'd be interested to know what people feel would be a good schedule with regards to acclimatisation, practice of techniques etc which would be a good lead up to tackling the mountain. I believe Gran Paradiso and Mont Blanc de Tacul seem to be peaks people often use to acclimatise prior. Also, how much time would you recommend we spent in the Alps in order to fulfil our aims; we were thinking an 8 day trip but could do longer?
Additionally, would you recommend camping/bivying or staying in the Mountain Huts and how much is the cost of staying in these huts and how much time do you need to book space in advance? My experience of the Japanese Alps is that they are usually pretty expensive and full.
Looking forward to your responses!
Thanks Gavin
... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums