Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Winter tour of Toubkal area??? Advice needed!

Greenman28 - on 01 Jan 2013
I'm going to be heading to the Atlas Mountains in the very near future and wanted some recommendations to get off the beaten track whilst there. I've read up on logistics concerning getting to Imlil and continuing up to Toubkal but given I've got 7-8 days to play with I'd like to see a bit more of the area.....so

.... what are your recommendations for trekking and easy winter climbing in the area? Is it possible to do a longer tour taking in Toubkal in combination with other peaks in the area, staying at different spots each evening? Will I need a tent to do this or are there other villages/huts? And is it worth getting a guide, not for Toubkal, but maybe useful to organise accommodation as part of the round trip? Or will it just be a case of staying at the Mouflon hut and going out for day trips??

Thanks for any help you can offer!
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums