UKC

DMM Ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BarmyAlex118 02 Jan 2013

Was thinking of getting a new climbing rope from dmm specifically the 10mm Project one

Has anyone else found the dmm ropes to be good.

Was hoping to use the rope for winter climbing, trad climbing, scrambling.

if anyone can give any suggestions for other ropes at a resonable price and are dry treated that would be great.
cheers
 Jordon Fleming 02 Jan 2013
In reply to BarmyAlex118: great rope, my sheath is going quick and ive only had it 2 mounths
In reply to Jordon Fleming:
> (In reply to BarmyAlex118) great rope, my sheath is going quick and ive only had it 2 mounths

eh?
 neuromancer 03 Jan 2013
In reply to BarmyAlex118:

Can't comment on its longevity, but I was bought it for christmas and it certainly feels lovely to handle, and the specs suggest it should be a great rope.

For what it's intended, of course.
 Jordon Fleming 03 Jan 2013
i mean in places my sheath has furred up very quickly, and in one place it has furred up a lot. not sure if this is just my bad luck with a new rope or what but none of my other ropes have been that bad after 2 mounths.
 will 03 Jan 2013
In reply to BarmyAlex118:

I went and brought myself the Project about 3 months back, and i have to say ive never looked back, such a great handling rope, and considering its a 10mm rope it feels so thin and soft....

I thought it was so good that i went and brought another one, alot longer for trips away..

If you want a rope that handles well and can take alot of stress this is the rope for you...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...